Friday, April 1, 2011

Furloughs might end after 2 years...

I can not believe it has been 2 years and 2 months since we have been furloughed not only 2 days but 3. At the time, my question was - What are we going to do? It is amazing how one copes with uncontrolled situations. Who knew we would be paying a mortgage that has doubled since the last house AND take a $1500 pay cut.

The first year was easier to stomach since we had money left over from the sale of our house. I appreciated and thanked God for our lucky mishap. Some how, our loan officer did not apply our total house profit to the new loan even though I had mentioned it a few times. That was definitely a blessing in disguise. After one year, did I expect to receive all 3 days back? HECK NO!!! But I did expect ONE not NONE.

The second year was much harder and more depressing using the freakin' credit cards. Steve's consulting job definitely helped a bit. Here is hoping to getting the credit cards paid off by the end of the year.

On the bright side, we accrued vacation hours and spent more time as a family.

I hope to retain an 85% schedule. It was my initial goal after having the kids.

No comments: