Monday, March 28, 2011

Past Stories: Where are my children?

Note: Written in past tense - August 2008. Near There. Or near there. Or maybe near there. All I know is that they are on the road with my parents heading to LA for a 4 day/3 night vacation. Bittersweet. Scared until they return safely in my arms and happy to spend a few days with the husband. Whether we are working on the house, eating dinner, watching TV or going to the bathroom - we will get to do it in peace and quiet. Wait a second....phone is ringing....Merced. They are leaving Merced. So far so good. They are happy and healthy as of 2 minutes ago. And in those two minutes the fear of tragedy has returned. Here are a few ideas I gave my parents: keep lane changing to a minumum, drive the speed limit, and call every hour or so. Of course, it is a bit much but you have my "double dose of happiness" in your hands. My goal is to enjoy the quietness of the house.

No comments: