Monday, April 4, 2011

Past Stories: Rewind Monday - Who's your favorite?-

Disclaimer: Writing in present tense 2 years ago.

Mama! My daddys girl has officially morphed into a mamas girl. It has been emotionally rough for about 14 months now, feeling unwanted, unneeded, unloved. My daughter greeted her dada like he was a rock n' roll star. She was that hootin' and howlin' girl that bellowed his name out numerous times with a big smile and cute squeals of delight and happiness. Me...I was the roadblock that stood in her way...she actually had to veer around me....which at least got me a glance.

Now, I am the ONE. The ONE that she wants. I must be within sight range of me or else she goes searching for me. We lay down together. We eat dinner together. We read books together. We go potty together. And we hold hands as we walk. Together actually means ((((thisclose)))). This time around I am taking it all in stride. She is my last baby and I am cherishing the closeness. Even if potty time, shower time, and eating time are a little less relaxing. I love you, Isabel.

Update: It has been like this for 2 years! Mama Mia...

No comments: