Monday, February 7, 2011

Past Stories: Rewind Monday - Losing Teeth Is A Family Affair...

Disclaimer: Writing in present tense about 1 1/2 years ago.

As Keven's parents, we feel the need to help our child with any obstacle. His left top tooth had been loose for months. Since the tooth behind it was cutting through, his baby tooth had been pushed down and out. Snaggletooth 2009. Thankfully due to a family friendly game of basketball, I helped loosen the tooth by accidentally passing a ball that hit him in the mouth. The next morning it then fell out while he chowed down on some cheerios.

After that incident, Keven accidentally hit Steve's knee with his mouth. After taking one look at it, I knew it was time to step up and pull it out. In one fluid motion, I pulled out his second tooth. As he walked away, I celebrated with "Yes! I pulled my first tooth. That wasn't mine." In that split second, Keven started crying saying it hurt. Talk about a delayed reaction. The only reason he started crying was because I scared him. Kids sure know how to be dramatic.

I can't wait for the other 2 loose teeth to fall out. How will the story unfold...

No comments: