Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Signs of Kinder Readiness

Let's just say I was NOT ready to register Isabel for Kindergarten today. Isabel will be entering Kindergarten 6 months earlier than Keven due to their birthdays. Even though Isabel is beginning to read, yearning to do homework, she is still in that 4 year old world sometimes. You know when the mind veers to the left and then veers to the right. Or one second she is a genius and the next second sheeeee isnot. Plus she is my baby girl...my last baby. With Keven it was much easier because I had Isabel.

My thoughts about Keven were so different in February prior to school starting that August.

Lo' and behold, Keven wanted to go to school yesterday and today. Plus he wanted to go on Friday and Saturday. He is also doing some homework during the week without the tantrums. I am so happy to finally see the eagerness.

And then there is my raging obsessive compulsive disorder at a time like this...

My anxiety. My stress. My worry. Getting them there continually M-F is going to be harder on me than them. One big uncontrolled environment. Obsessions come on in to the freaking mind of wonder, leading me to the the hell bound party of fun. Who sat in the desk last year? Who sat in the desk the previous 20 years? Is that good dirt or bad dirt? What jobs do the other parents have? Are they going to step on something bad? Will they be safe? Will someone kidnap them? Will they be happy? At any time during the school day will they have to pass a dumpster? Where did those dirt tracks come from? And so on.

Uhh...Is there a cure yet?

No comments: