Monday, February 14, 2011

Past Stories: Rewind Monday - Dumbfounded

Disclaimer: Writing in present tense 2 years ago.

Dumbfounded by the genius and dumbfounded by the lack of genius a kid can exude on a daily basis. There needs to be a prerequisite question that can be asked to figure which identity is in present. Over a month ago, it appeared Keven's shoes should have been feeling a bit snug. So we had ourselves a conversation...

Mom: "Keven, do your shoes fit?"
Keven: "Yeah"
Mom: "Tell me when your toe starts touching the front."
Keven: "Why?"
Mom: "So I will buy you new ones that fit better. If your toe touches the front it means your shoes are too small."
Keven: "Ok"
Mom: "Are your shoes too small?"
Keven: "No"
Mom: "Will you tell me when they are too small?"
Keven: "Yeah"

so time passes.....and passes....and passes

Yesterday I decided to let him wear a new pair of Vans. Size 13 1/2. And what are his initial words ...... "Wow, Mom! Now my toe doesn't hurt." Me. Speechless, scratching my head, and chuckling.

However, he does know that blood keeps you strong and healthy. It also helps you grow big and tall. All this according to his blood story he told me in the car. Hmm. He. Learned. That. Somewhere. But where?

No comments: