Thursday, March 3, 2011

Learning to Sleep, Again!

Ahh...the regeneration of energy that sleep brings when it is done right. As a child, I could sleep anywhere and through anything, as is, the Tv. Sleeping is pure bliss for me especially with my freaking OCDatic (my new word) mind. Sleeping gives my mind a break (aka "a vacation from my internal hell). At times i need to get away from myself.

Ever since I had Keven sleeping a full night is a rare occurrence. Since Jan 1 2011, I have slept a full night around 8 times in which the last 3 have been consecutive. It normally is 2-4 hours at a time. Just as my dad has done for years, I get up to use the computer, watch Tv or eat. So of course my days are exhausting, frustrating, and stressful. How can they not be with 2 kiddos? I was getting to the point of asking my doc for sleeping pills. However there was a simple answer I refused to except for a long time....getting rid of my security blanket (ok ok shutting the stupid tv off). As long as I can remember, I hated laying awake in a dark room with me, myself and I.

But now, a good happy day depends on blissful sleep

No comments: