Thursday, March 24, 2011

Family Quirks

Here are 10 quirky things that many people may not know about the family....

1. The husband is 21 years older than me. I am one lucky person. He loves me for me. He cooks. Loads the dishwasher. Washes his own clothes. Lets me sleep in on Saturdays. And gives me back rubs.

2. I rarely cook dinner for the family. Between him and my mother, all the criticism has left me a bit jittery in the kitchen. At the utterance of a word, I will automatically conclude that I am doing something wrong. Wrong Pan. Wrong Utensil. Wrong Setting. Wrong Sized Porportions. And the list goes on and on. But believe me when I say... cooking 10% of the time works for me.

3. My OCD will leave me anxious somedays. To the point, I will not want to leave the house.

4. I am a Type A personality. Feeling organized is a great feeling.

5. My parents live within miles of me. My kids love their grandparents. I would not change a thing.

6. I secretly hope to find a group of life long friends that hang out together for games, small chit-chat, dinner, and sleepovers.

7. I am an only child that wishes I had a sister or brother. I was 9 years old banging at my parents bedroom door yelling, "I really want a sister or brother. Please can I have one." In reply, I hear from my parents "(giggling) We are trying to give you one." To which I begun begging, "Please, I'm serious. I really really want a sister or brother. Why can't I have one?"

8. Spent my summers with aunts, uncles, and cousins.

9. I went to a private school from 5th to 8th grade.

10. Got married for about $140. Perfect in my eyes.

No comments: